DMN Decision Model and Notation
The DMN Decision Model and Notation is the OMG® industry standard for modeling, implementing and automating decisions. ACTICO Platform lets companies create, manage and execute fully compliant DMN decision models.
Operational business decisions are often hard-wired in application code or in complex process models. Companies often struggle with opaqueness, redundancies, inconsistencies and difficulty in change management. The OMG® DMN industry standard allows companies to decouple decisions from applications and processes, manage them centrally, and implement them consistently.
How it works
Standardized Decision Models and Decision Services
Decision Requirements Diagram
The Decision Requirements Diagram (DRD) is a visual representation of a key decision and its sub decisions, data, business logic and knowledge sources. ACTICO Platform lets business analysts and subject matter experts easily create and document DRDs to gain more transparency and optimize decisions.
- Drag-&-drop editor for creating DMN Decision Requirements Diagrams
- Central model storage supporting versioning and collaboration
- Full compliance with the OMG® DMN standard (Conformance Level 3)
The DMN standard defines various ways to implement the decision logic that is used for automated decision making. With ACTICO Platform, business analysts and subject matter experts capture decision tables and boxed expressions in a standardized, exchangeable and executable format.
- Full support for DMN decision tables and other boxed expressions
- Full support for DMN FEEL (Friendly Enough Expression Language)
Once a DRD and the decision logic is defined, the business decision can be provided as a platform-independent web service. It can be consumed by any process and application enabling fully automated decision making.
- Provisioning of decision services via REST and SOAP
- Hot deployments and audit-proof service execution
- Integrated components for decision lifecycle management