The Forrester Wave™ for
Digital Decisioning Platforms, Q4 2020
Business Rules Engine
ACTICO Platform provides a powerful business rules engine to decouple business logic from applications and processes. Users can author business logic without coding and implement changes independent of IT release cycles. The result: greater business agility and higher efficiency through automation.
Why ACTICO’s rules engine?
Let Business Users Manage Business Logic
Companies around the globe rely on ACTICO’s intuitive business rules engine. Business users value the unique graphical modeling experience and the test-driven quality assurance. IT departments benefit from the variety of integration options and the high-performance rule execution. ACTICO’s integrated components streamline all tasks in the life cycle of business rules. The software reduces development efforts by up to 50 percent and for changes by up to 90 percent.
How it works
Business Agility from the Start!
Graphical Business Rules Editor
ACTICO’s business rules editor provides users with an intuitive user interface. They model, author and edit business rules via drag-&-drop. The test-driven approach helps ensure that business rules are error-free before they are used in production.
- Modeling of flow rules and decision tables without coding
- Rule explorer for organizing and structuring projects
- Test-driven quality assurance and simulation
Rule Repository and Rapid Deployments
Once business rule models are created, they are stored in a central repository. Distributed teams can work collaboratively on the business rule models while audit logs keep track of every change.
- Rule repository supporting versioning and change management
- Organization, reuse and coordinated work on business rule models
- Hot deployment of business rule versions to production environments
High-Performance Execution Engine
ACTICO’s execution engine is built for highest performance demands. The business rules engine supports a variety of integration scenarios, such as direct Java integration, web and microservices as well as batch processing.
- Highly scalable execution engine with cluster capability
- Java code generator for direct application integration
- Business rule services for rule execution in service-oriented architectures
- Audit-proof execution logs and statistics
Built for Digital Business Needs
Central rule engines bring agility and consistency to a new level.
Explore some of our success stories to learn more about how customers use ACTICO’s business rules engine.