Bajaj Finance implements ACTICO Rules as central decisioning and pricing engine
Bajaj Finance Ltd (BFL), a subsidiary of Bajaj Finserv, is a 29-year-old non-banking financial company in India. The company portfolio covers consumer finance, SME (small and medium-sized enterprises) and commercial lending, as well as wealth management. Apart from being the largest financier of consumer durables in India, the company’s focus lies on profitable growth and operational efficiency to deliver best results to all its stakeholders.
- All business rules and credit decisioning parameters were embedded in Bajaj Finance’s loan origination system.
- Maintenance of business rules and decisioning strategies were inconvenient and time consuming as most of the business rules were hard-coded
- Every change in any of the rules were tedious and time-consuming as these required to be part of the change management process
- Decouple the maintenance of business rules from the loan origination system
- Empower business users to take ownership of the business logic and adapt the rule models whenever required
- Bajaj Finance decided to opt for a rule engine outside its loan origination system
- ACTICO Rules was implemented as a centralized decisioning and rule engine, allowing quick time-to-market and easy maintenance
- Seamlessly integration of the solution with the company’s loan origination system and data warehouse
- Realization of various rating models, ranging from loan eligibility (check the eligibility of loan amount of the customer), deviations checks and approval matrices, to the premium calculation for credit or health insurance
- Business users are now able to easily create and configure business rules without doing any coding and not having to adhere to the change management cycle
- Iteration cycles between business users and the IT department decreased, while the time-to-market increase significantly.
- Seeing the capability of the ACTICO rules, Bajaj extended the use of the Engine to other processes, such as incentive calculations for third party agencies.
Bajaj is now able to roll out business decisions much faster, as Bajaj’s business users are now in control of the business logic. Furthermore, less regression testing is required since business rules are modeled in ACTICO Rules, and business teams can perform simulations within rule engine itself before going live. The management is extremely satisfied with the product and the company plans to expand the usage of ACTICO Rules in other business areas.
“ACTICO Rules helped Bajaj Finance in having a flexible and centralized credit decisioning capability integrated with our loan origination system. ACTICO Rules allows us to quickly deploy the decisioning workflows on the platform without having to extensively develop programs or software coding."
Anurag Chottani, CIO, Bajaj Finance Ltd